Patrick’s injury filled draft season had many worried - but he is still a dynamic and highly skilled centre who will step in right away with the Flyers, who selected him second overall at the 2017 NHL Draft.
Nolan Patrick – Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)
Born: September 19, 1998 in Winnipeg, Manitoba
Weight: 198 lbs.
Drafted: 2013 WHL Draft, 4th overall by the Brandon Wheat Kings
Nolan Patrick is ready to suit up in his third full season in Brandon after coming off a 102-point season in his sophomore campaign. Patrick’s elite hockey sense mixed with his goal scoring and skating ability make him a dynamic threat in the offensive zone. He is known for his ability to flip a switch and dictate the speed of the game. Patrick has the ability to anticipate how a play will develop and gets himself into position early. Ironically, Patrick is not a flashy player. While he is a very good stickhandler, he won’t dangle and deke around opposing players. Patrick has a very clear picture of the ice in his head and shows no weaknesses on the ice. He recently went under the knife for sports hernia surgery but appears to be healing and his return to the ice is imminent.
DID YOU KNOW? Nolan Patrick missed the 2016 NHL Draft by only four days. The cutoff date is September 15th, making Patrick one of the oldest draft-eligible players for the 2017 NHL Draft.Back to Top
1) JUNIOR B UPDATE: KIJHL’s Castlegar Rebels announce new coach and GM; Sharp calling the shots for HJHL’s Three Hills Thrashers
2) On Top of the World: CSSHL Keeps Gaining Traction in Canada’s Hockey Landscape
3) Around the WHL: Eleven WHL players help Canada win Hlinka Gretzky gold; Tigers deal White to ICE
4) Meet Matthew Savoie, the NAX Forward Taking the CSSHL by Storm
5) Meet The Winners Of The 2018 HockeyNow Minor Hockey Player Of The Year Award Powered By Hockeyshot