Glass has one of the highest ceilings in the draft. He’s a fast riser and one of the smartest on the ice. He will go down in history as the first ever draft selection for the Vegas Golden Knights (at #6 overall).
Cody Glass- Portland Winterhawks (WHL)
Born: April 1, 1999 – Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Weight: 180 lbs.
Drafted: 2014 WHL Draft - Round #1 (19th overall) by the Portland Winterhawks
Cody Glass is a competitor and enjoyed a huge growth spurt since the end of last season which saw him grow two inches and put on nearly 25 pounds. It has showed as he is among the league leaders in the WHL. He has a ton of upside up the middle at centre and can also play the wing. His speed can burn any defender on the outside or down the middle. He is good in the faceoff circle and does a good job of finding open space and getting the puck to the net. He displays the smarts on the ice to know where the puck is going to be rather than where it is. Does a good job protecting the puck with a defenceman all over him in the offensive zone. Has a quick hands and a deceptive release that surprises goalies. Tough to knock off the puck and can make plays and finish plays.
DID YOU KNOW? Glass scored his first career WHL Hat Trick in a 9-2 blowout at home against the visiting Calgary Hitmen in mid-November. He finished the evening with 3 goals and 2 assists. It was the first game Glass had scored more than 3 points in a game in the WHL.Back to Top
1) JUNIOR B UPDATE: KIJHL’s Castlegar Rebels announce new coach and GM; Sharp calling the shots for HJHL’s Three Hills Thrashers
2) On Top of the World: CSSHL Keeps Gaining Traction in Canada’s Hockey Landscape
3) Around the WHL: Eleven WHL players help Canada win Hlinka Gretzky gold; Tigers deal White to ICE
4) Meet Matthew Savoie, the NAX Forward Taking the CSSHL by Storm
5) Meet The Winners Of The 2018 HockeyNow Minor Hockey Player Of The Year Award Powered By Hockeyshot