2015 HockeyNow Player of the Year Gabe Vilardi has a big bodied net presence and his style of play should make him a natural fit in LA, who scored big when they picked him up 11th at the draft.
Gabriel Vilardi – Windsor Spitfires (OHL)
Born: August 16, 1999 in Kingston, Ontario
Weight: 201 lbs.
Drafted: 2015 OHL Draft, 2nd overall by the Windsor Spitfires
Gabriel Vilardi has established himself as a workhorse who is ultra-competitive in the offensive zone. He has deceptive speed and an easy long stride to stay ahead of the defenceman. His strong lower body helps him down low and keeps the momentum in his favour when he transitions from offence to defence. Vilardi protects the puck extremely well using his long reach and does a good job of opening up space on the ice by drawing attention to himself. He is an above average stick handler who can knock a puck down from mid-air and keep skating at the same time without missing a stride. Vilardi will see action in all situations this season and will be one of the elite power forwards in the OHL.
DID YOU KNOW? Gabriel Vilardi was named HockeyNow’s 2015 Ontario Minor Hockey Player of the Year after scoring 18 goals and adding 21 helpers in 21 games for CIH Academy’s minor midget squad, eventually going on to win the OEMHL AAA Player of the Year award.Back to Top
1) JUNIOR B UPDATE: KIJHL’s Castlegar Rebels announce new coach and GM; Sharp calling the shots for HJHL’s Three Hills Thrashers
2) On Top of the World: CSSHL Keeps Gaining Traction in Canada’s Hockey Landscape
3) Around the WHL: Eleven WHL players help Canada win Hlinka Gretzky gold; Tigers deal White to ICE
4) Meet Matthew Savoie, the NAX Forward Taking the CSSHL by Storm
5) Meet The Winners Of The 2018 HockeyNow Minor Hockey Player Of The Year Award Powered By Hockeyshot