Three B.C. teams from the CSSHL stood out in the Eastern showcase from Feb. 10 to 12 at the CIH Arena in Rockland, Ont. Midget prep teams from the Okanagan Hockey Academy (Penticton), Delta Hockey Academy (Delta) and Yale Hockey Academy (Abbotsford) all had big showings, with each of them getting their largest win on the final day.
Okanagan beat Ontario Hockey Academy U17 8-3; Cassidy Bowes potted a hat trick and teammates Josh Arnold and Liam Lytton both had three-point nights, with two assists and a goal each.
Delta Hockey Academy reached nearly the same feat, trumping the Canadian International Hockey Academy 8-2. Delta was led by Pearce Messer, who put up three goals and an assist while linemate Jalen Price notched three points with two goals and an assist.
Finally, Yale Hockey Academy put on quite the show, posting a 14-5 win over Cumberland. Yale totalled 64 shots over three periods and had 12 goals in the first two. Yale had multiple individual standout performances in the contest such as Josh Williams who complemented his one goal with six assists for a seven-point night. Dylan Cozens notched a hat trick and an assist, while Matthew Konrad one-upped Cozens by potting four goals and an assist.
The other final game of the tournament featured Alberta’s Edge School and Ontario’s Hill Academy U16s, with Edge shutting out Hill 9-0.Back to Top
1) JUNIOR B UPDATE: KIJHL’s Castlegar Rebels announce new coach and GM; Sharp calling the shots for HJHL’s Three Hills Thrashers
2) On Top of the World: CSSHL Keeps Gaining Traction in Canada’s Hockey Landscape
3) Around the WHL: Eleven WHL players help Canada win Hlinka Gretzky gold; Tigers deal White to ICE
4) Meet Matthew Savoie, the NAX Forward Taking the CSSHL by Storm
5) Meet The Winners Of The 2018 HockeyNow Minor Hockey Player Of The Year Award Powered By Hockeyshot