The Alberta Pond Hockey championship is back, now with bantam and midget A divisions. The championship is held in the ‘Peace region’ that extends from Peace River to the county of Northern Lights.
The tournament will take place from Mar. 10 to 12 on Lac Cardinal, with delineated game surfaces a bit smaller than what most teams will be used to, at 150 feet by 75 feet for 75 percent of a regulation ice surface.
Up to 40 teams of the rec, competitive, women’s and junior divisions will be competing for the championship.
The inaugural event was founded in 2007 as a throwback “to the days when hockey was played the way nature intended it.” The tournament has been drawing players and families as well as hockey greats like Gary Cheevers, Bryan Trottier and Clark Gillies to Lac Cardinal ever since.
The tournament features several events over the weekend and will wrap up with a special family gala featuring live acts on Mar. 11.Back to Top
1) Prospect Profile: Dylan Coghlan, Ryan McGregor & Cédric Paré
2) Relocated Nationals Gearing Up For CCHL Season in Rockland
3) Top 10 CHL Sleeper Prospects at 2017 NHL Draft
4) Veteran Wellington Dukes Coach/GM Resigns to Join Golden Hawks Organization
5) Makar More Than Ready for Next Level