Canadian Sport School Hockey League Chairperson Andy Oakes announced today that Edge School will host the 2017 CSSHL Female Championships March 1-5, 2017.
“The CSSHL is proud to have the Female Prep and Female Varsity Championship weekend hosted together at the Edge School,” said Oakes. “This will be a great weekend of female hockey that will allow the league to showcase its upcoming female players.”
All 12 CSSHL female teams will take part as champions will be crowned in both the Female Prep Division and Female Varsity Division, with all games to be held on the Edge School campus.
“The Edge School is excited and proud to host the very first CSSHL Female Championships this March,” said Edge School Director of Sport and Programming Chris Chisamore. “We are committed to building a strong female hockey program here at the school and recognize the importance of female hockey within Alberta and Western Canada as a whole. We look forward to working together with groups at all different levels of female hockey here in the city, the province and around the league in order to ensure that our event showcases the female game in the best possible manner.”
The playoff format will be the same in both divisions, with all six teams playing a five-game round robin schedule. The top two teams after the round robin portion will advance straight to the Championship Game on Sunday, March 5.
More details surrounding the event, including schedules, ticketing and broadcasting, will be released in the coming months.Back to Top
1) Around the CWHL: Kessel named head coach of Furies; Kennedy joins Blades as new bench boss
2) On Top of the World: CSSHL Keeps Gaining Traction in Canada’s Hockey Landscape
3) Around the WHL: Eleven WHL players help Canada win Hlinka Gretzky gold; Tigers deal White to ICE
4) Meet Matthew Savoie, the NAX Forward Taking the CSSHL by Storm
5) Meet The Winners Of The 2018 HockeyNow Minor Hockey Player Of The Year Award Powered By Hockeyshot