The Canadian Sport School Hockey League (CSSHL) announced yesterday that Kevin Goodwin has been named Chief Operating Officer. Goodwin previously held the role of Executive Director of the CSSHL for the past three seasons.
“We are very pleased to have Kevin join the CSSHL in this new full time role,” said Andy Oakes, CSSHL Chairperson. “Kevin has been involved with the league since its inception and has been a part of developing and growing the league over the last number of years. His knowledge and relationships within the league and within the hockey community are very strong which will allow him to represent the league in a positive manner with all organizations that interface with it. We look forward to having Kevin’s leadership work within the CSSHL on a day-to-day basis.”
Goodwin will report to the Executive Committee, while providing leadership for business development, compliance of CSSHL policies and standards, and oversee the various committees within the league. He will also work on the growth of the CSSHL and oversee all financial functions of the CSSHL.
In addition to his role as CSSHL Executive Director for the past three seasons, Goodwin was employed with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) since May of 2013 in various capacities.
Having spent nine seasons with the Okanagan Hockey Group in various roles including Senior Director of Operations, Goodwin brings a wealth of hockey experience to the position. He has also served as the Logistics Coordinator for the Canucks’ Young Stars Classic and the 2010 World Junior ‘A’ Challenge.
Goodwin is a graduate of Okanagan University College in Kelowna, BC. He and his wife, Helen, along with their son, Logan, and daughter, Kaylee, currently reside in Penticton, BC.Back to Top
1) JUNIOR B UPDATE: KIJHL’s Castlegar Rebels announce new coach and GM; Sharp calling the shots for HJHL’s Three Hills Thrashers
2) On Top of the World: CSSHL Keeps Gaining Traction in Canada’s Hockey Landscape
3) Around the WHL: Eleven WHL players help Canada win Hlinka Gretzky gold; Tigers deal White to ICE
4) Meet Matthew Savoie, the NAX Forward Taking the CSSHL by Storm
5) Meet The Winners Of The 2018 HockeyNow Minor Hockey Player Of The Year Award Powered By Hockeyshot