The Hespeler Shamrocks midget squad of 2015-16 have put together an outstanding season so far with a record of 41-4-4 and have clinched first place in the Tri-County Midget division.
After opening with a preseason tournament victory at Humberview, the "Shammy's" lost a 3-2 final to Amherstburg at the St. Thomas tourney.
Moving on the Midland Silverstick Regional, the Shammys lost a tough triple OT loss to years OMHAS champs Quinte West 3-2. The Rocks bested their bad luck and defeated the Bradford Bulldogs 6-1 in the final of the 49th Hespeler Olympics.
Hespeler was awarded a wildcard spot in the International SS finals in Sarnia later in January.
Led by head coach John Barlett and Captained by Matt Patton, this group of 98 and 99s have proven to be a tough match this year and with a healthy lineup look to go far.
They have shown that 'A' hockey may not be the focus of most hockey fans, but for those who have watched them play this year, they are as exciting to watch as any hockey team out there.Back to Top
1) Prospect Profiles: Alexander Alexeyev, Hunter Holmes & Xavier Bouchard
2) Ask a Coach: University of Vermont Associate Coach Kyle Wallach: Academics, Recruiting & Preparation
3) 2018 HockeyNow Minor Hockey Player of the Year: November Shortlists
4) Cornered Coach: The Peanut Gallery
5) The Search Begins for the 2018 HockeyNow Minor Hockey Players of the Year