Below are 17 drills designed to practise individual penalty killing skills. How these drills are used is up to the imagination of the coach. They can be done as individual drills before or after practise or they can be done in stations.
It is important that the coach stress the fundamentals of killing penalties, stop players often to correct them and give them feedback. Your penalty killing can mean the difference between winning and losing.
Come join Coach Enio Sacilotto, Assistant Coach, Victoria Royals, President, International Hockey Camps this summer for his specialized summer camps Victoria, BC, Nanaimo, BC, North Delta, BC, Coquitlam, BC and Burnaby Winter Club. Coach Enio has over 35 years of coaching experience including 20 years coaching professional elite senior leagues in Europe. Call Coach Enio at 604 255 4747 or email at email@example.com and visit website for free articles and drills.Back to Top
1) B.C.’s Top Young Players Compete at Pacific Elite Prospects Showcase
2) Prospect Profile: Brendan De Jong, Jonah Gadjovich & Drake Batherson
3) Prospect Profile: Dylan Coghlan, Ryan McGregor & Cédric Paré
4) 2017 Season of Tournaments
5) Prospect Profiles: Matthew Wedman, Marian Studenic & David Noel