Below are 17 drills designed to practise individual penalty killing skills. How these drills are used is up to the imagination of the coach. They can be done as individual drills before or after practise or they can be done in stations.
It is important that the coach stress the fundamentals of killing penalties, stop players often to correct them and give them feedback. Your penalty killing can mean the difference between winning and losing.
Come join Coach Enio Sacilotto, Assistant Coach, Victoria Royals, President, International Hockey Camps this summer for his specialized summer camps Victoria, BC, Nanaimo, BC, North Delta, BC, Coquitlam, BC and Burnaby Winter Club. Coach Enio has over 35 years of coaching experience including 20 years coaching professional elite senior leagues in Europe. Call Coach Enio at 604 255 4747 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and visit website for free articles and drills.Back to Top
1) Top 5 Most Improved Draft-Eligible CHLers
2) John Dahlstrom Pulls Out All The Stops in Medicine Hat’s Final Days of the Season
3) Cobourg Cougars Prepare for RBC Cup after OJHL Elimination
4) Well-Traveled Junior Player Hoping To Conclude Career With Championship
5) The Modern Age of Minor Hockey