Canadian Sport School Hockey League Chairperson Andy Oakes announced today that Athol Murray College of Notre Dame has been accepted into the CSSHL as a league member and will have teams compete in the Bantam Prep Division and Female Prep Division for the 2016-17 season.
“The CSSHL is very pleased to have Notre Dame joining the league with their Bantam Prep and Female Prep teams,” said Oakes. “As one of the longest standing education-based hockey institutions within the country it is great to have them participating in our league with our league members. As we continue to grow east, this is a great step for the CSSHL in its development.”
Athol Murray College of Notre Dame is a private, independent boarding high school, located in Wilcox, Sask. Notre Dame offers high school students an ideal environment for their development to become well-rounded, high achieving, successful adults, not only as athletes, but as business and community leaders.
Notable Notre Dame alumni include Vincent Lecavalier, Jordan Eberle, Brad Richards, Morgan Rielly, Jaden Schwartz, Wendel Clark and Rod Brind’Amour.
“Notre Dame is grateful for the opportunity to be a member of the CSSHL within the Bantam Prep and Female Prep Divisions,” said Notre Dame Director of Hockey Development, Del Pedrick. “This will give our student athletes the opportunity to continue their growth and development within their age group while playing in a showcase environment. We are looking forward to being a competitive, contributing league member.”
The addition of Notre Dame gives the CSSHL programs in each of the four Hockey Canada Western Branches, along with the state of Idaho, as the league continues to strive to be national leaders in education-based hockey.Back to Top
1) JUNIOR B UPDATE: KIJHL’s Castlegar Rebels announce new coach and GM; Sharp calling the shots for HJHL’s Three Hills Thrashers
2) On Top of the World: CSSHL Keeps Gaining Traction in Canada’s Hockey Landscape
3) Around the WHL: Eleven WHL players help Canada win Hlinka Gretzky gold; Tigers deal White to ICE
4) Meet Matthew Savoie, the NAX Forward Taking the CSSHL by Storm
5) Meet The Winners Of The 2018 HockeyNow Minor Hockey Player Of The Year Award Powered By Hockeyshot