As Ontario minor hockey leagues start ramping up toward the OHL Cup, the GTHL has announced a new sponsor. The OHL Cup will now be ‘powered by’ Under Armour. The GTHL has agreed on a three-year partnership with Under Armour as the official apparel provider and title sponsor. The title sponsorship Under Armour agreed to means they will provide apparel packages at the tournament. The players on each team will get packages, and the MVP awards and championship gifting will all be covered by the Under Armour as well.
2017 marks the 15th presentation of the OHL Cup, and, with that, the GTHL announced that they have agreed on a five-year partnership extension that extends through 2021.
Leading up to the OHL Cup, the London Jr. Knights have been dominating the Top-10 rankings, closely followed by the Mississauga Rebels.
Twenty teams, 16 guaranteed through league competition and four wild card entries, will be making their way to Toronto and the Scotiabank Pond from Mar. 14 to 20 to compete for the 2017 edition of the OHL Cup, with the final game to take place at the Mattamy Athletic Centre.Back to Top
1) Team Canada’s Olympic Goalies Unveil Their Masks
2) Meet Matthew Savoie, the NAX Forward Taking the CSSHL by Storm
3) 2018 Olympic Preview: Team Canada Women's Hockey
4) Drake Batherson Taking Career Year One Highlight at a Time
5) Ty Ronning Hoping to Ride Career High to WHL Playoffs