As Ontario minor hockey leagues start ramping up toward the OHL Cup, the GTHL has announced a new sponsor. The OHL Cup will now be ‘powered by’ Under Armour. The GTHL has agreed on a three-year partnership with Under Armour as the official apparel provider and title sponsor. The title sponsorship Under Armour agreed to means they will provide apparel packages at the tournament. The players on each team will get packages, and the MVP awards and championship gifting will all be covered by the Under Armour as well.
2017 marks the 15th presentation of the OHL Cup, and, with that, the GTHL announced that they have agreed on a five-year partnership extension that extends through 2021.
Leading up to the OHL Cup, the London Jr. Knights have been dominating the Top-10 rankings, closely followed by the Mississauga Rebels.
Twenty teams, 16 guaranteed through league competition and four wild card entries, will be making their way to Toronto and the Scotiabank Pond from Mar. 14 to 20 to compete for the 2017 edition of the OHL Cup, with the final game to take place at the Mattamy Athletic Centre.Back to Top
1) JUNIOR B UPDATE: KIJHL’s Castlegar Rebels announce new coach and GM; Sharp calling the shots for HJHL’s Three Hills Thrashers
2) On Top of the World: CSSHL Keeps Gaining Traction in Canada’s Hockey Landscape
3) Around the WHL: Eleven WHL players help Canada win Hlinka Gretzky gold; Tigers deal White to ICE
4) Meet Matthew Savoie, the NAX Forward Taking the CSSHL by Storm
5) Meet The Winners Of The 2018 HockeyNow Minor Hockey Player Of The Year Award Powered By Hockeyshot