Ty Dellandrea needed only 20 seconds to seal his place in the record books at the CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game Thursday night in Guelph. The Flint Firebirds forward scored two goals 20 seconds apart to set the event’s record for fastest two goals scored by one player as part of Team Cherry’s 7-4 win over Team Orr.
A tragic, hate-fueled mosque shooting on Sunday night made for a sombre Monday morning in Quebec City, but after some deliberation it was decided that the CHL/NHL Prospects game would proceed as planned.
On Monday, January 30, Team Cherry put an end to a six year drought at the Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game. Without a victory since 2012, Team Cherry outlasted off Team Orr 7-5 in the offensive battle at Centre Videotron in Quebec City.
On Monday, January 30, the 40 best CHL prospects will gather at the Centre Videotron in Quebec City with the opportunity to shine in front of dozens of NHL scouts and team executives.
1) JUNIOR B UPDATE: KIJHL’s Castlegar Rebels announce new coach and GM; Sharp calling the shots for HJHL’s Three Hills Thrashers
2) On Top of the World: CSSHL Keeps Gaining Traction in Canada’s Hockey Landscape
3) Around the WHL: Eleven WHL players help Canada win Hlinka Gretzky gold; Tigers deal White to ICE
4) Meet Matthew Savoie, the NAX Forward Taking the CSSHL by Storm
5) Meet The Winners Of The 2018 HockeyNow Minor Hockey Player Of The Year Award Powered By Hockeyshot