Ty Dellandrea needed only 20 seconds to seal his place in the record books at the CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game Thursday night in Guelph. The Flint Firebirds forward scored two goals 20 seconds apart to set the event’s record for fastest two goals scored by one player as part of Team Cherry’s 7-4 win over Team Orr.
A tragic, hate-fueled mosque shooting on Sunday night made for a sombre Monday morning in Quebec City, but after some deliberation it was decided that the CHL/NHL Prospects game would proceed as planned.
On Monday, January 30, Team Cherry put an end to a six year drought at the Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game. Without a victory since 2012, Team Cherry outlasted off Team Orr 7-5 in the offensive battle at Centre Videotron in Quebec City.
On Monday, January 30, the 40 best CHL prospects will gather at the Centre Videotron in Quebec City with the opportunity to shine in front of dozens of NHL scouts and team executives.
1) ISS Hockey Releases May Top 31 Rankings for 2018 NHL Draft
2) 2018 RBC Cup Kicks Off in Chilliwack
3) Ontario Hockey Association Announces 2017-18 Prospects
4) Western Canada Cup No More
5) Meet Matthew Savoie, the NAX Forward Taking the CSSHL by Storm