Ty Dellandrea needed only 20 seconds to seal his place in the record books at the CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game Thursday night in Guelph. The Flint Firebirds forward scored two goals 20 seconds apart to set the event’s record for fastest two goals scored by one player as part of Team Cherry’s 7-4 win over Team Orr.
A tragic, hate-fueled mosque shooting on Sunday night made for a sombre Monday morning in Quebec City, but after some deliberation it was decided that the CHL/NHL Prospects game would proceed as planned.
On Monday, January 30, Team Cherry put an end to a six year drought at the Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game. Without a victory since 2012, Team Cherry outlasted off Team Orr 7-5 in the offensive battle at Centre Videotron in Quebec City.
On Monday, January 30, the 40 best CHL prospects will gather at the Centre Videotron in Quebec City with the opportunity to shine in front of dozens of NHL scouts and team executives.
1) Yale Hockey Academy forward Jake Chiasson named the 2018 HockeyNow Minor Hockey Player of Year in B.C. powered by HockeyShot
2) OHA Edmonton forward Sean Tschigerl named the 2018 HockeyNow Minor Hockey Player of Year in AB powered by HockeyShot
3) Former HockeyNow Player of the Year Bowen Byram making Giant strides in the WHL
4) The 2018 HockeyNow Minor Hockey Players of the Year ready for the next level
5) Toronto Marlboros defenceman Jamie Drysdale named the 2018 HockeyNow Minor Hockey Player of Year in ON powered by HockeyShot