The next wave of talent is ready to make its mark in the Western Hockey League. With the 2016-17 season just around the corner, dozens of 16-year-old players are poised to crack their respective rosters and start creating household names for themselves across the league.
The first round of NHL Entry Draft always contains a liberal helping of CHL talent, and this year will be no different. Typically, there are a few players who gain considerable attention during their draft year.
The CHL Import Draft is an opportunity for European prospects to give NHL scouts a better look at their skills. This season, five 2016 imports have made the most of their chance to showcase themselves.
1) Team Canada’s Olympic Goalies Unveil Their Masks
2) Meet Matthew Savoie, the NAX Forward Taking the CSSHL by Storm
3) 2018 Olympic Preview: Team Canada Women's Hockey
4) Drake Batherson Taking Career Year One Highlight at a Time
5) Ty Ronning Hoping to Ride Career High to WHL Playoffs