The Cobourg Cougars had their hopes of winning an Ontario Junior Hockey League championship this season come to a crushing end in early April.
It’s more than just a cliché. Whenever playoffs roll around in any league, countless players, coaches and fans can often be heard uttering that anything can happen. That has certainly been the case this year in the Canadian Junior Hockey League.
Stefano Durante has already enjoyed a rather successful junior hockey career. But the 20-year-old Cobourg Cougars goalie is still seeking some accolades prior to concluding his junior days this May.
A mid-season trade from a year ago has proven to be a win-win situation for both Ryan Casselman and the Cobourg Cougars. After playing about a season and a half with the Central Canada Hockey League’s Pembroke Lumber Kings, Casselman admits he was homesick and requested a trade to a club closer to his home in Napanee, Ont.
1) Burnaby Winter Club Wins Bantam AAA Westerns
2) Toronto Marlboros Sweep All-Ontario Bantam AAA Championship
3) North York Rangers Centre Captures OJHL Top Prospect Award
4) Deflections - Cross Ice - Part 1: IP, then Novice!
5) Team Canada Roster Named for 2017 Women’s Worlds