A former National Hockey League player still owns the Kemptville 73’s. But it’s not Ron Tugnutt, the ex-goalie who appeared in 724 NHL matches and had owned the Central Canada Hockey League (CCHL) franchise the past five seasons.
A glimpse into the Central Canada Hockey League’s future was on display in early April. The league’s Bantam Protected Draft was staged on April 10 at the Navan Memorial Arena, the home rink of the Cumberland Grads.
Paul Vella has bounced around to various teams and leagues during his junior career. But the Kanata Lasers are glad the 20-year-old forward, a native of Staten Island, N.Y., has spent the entire 2016-17 campaign on their roster.
1) Prospect Profiles: Ty Smith, Andrei Svechnikov & Joe Veleno
2) CSSHL Expanding in 2017-18 Season
3) Oilers Assistant Coach Jay Woodcroft on Creating Offence from the Cycle
4) Prospect Profile: Jonny Tychonick, Evan Bouchard & Benoit-Olivier Groulx
5) Mom Mondays: Giving Thanks for Hockey!