Born in Burnaby B.C., Joey J. Ali is the Founder of ProAli Goalie Training and co-owner of Pro-Formance Goalie Schools and iSOG. His insight on goaltending is brought forth from years of experience, including Junior B (PJHL), Junior A (AWHL) and College (NCAA and MCHA). He received his scholarship after winning a national title at the Junior A level. He’s also received student awards for academics while studying Business and Marketing and athletic awards for his play on the ice during his years at college. Joey is currently the goalie consultant to the Coquitlam Express (fourth season in the BCHL), Valley West Hawks MML, Costal Hockey Showcase and Lakeland Super Camps. As a result of his work in the industry using technology in his training programs, he has gained notoriety from Global TV News Hour, App Central (BNN and CTV), Breakfast TV (City TV), Hockey Tube.net and HockeyNow.
During this time of year one of the most common questions I hear as a professional goalie coach is, “What should be my training plan be for the summer?” and “Should I be on the ice training all summer?”
Coach Joey Ali from Proformance Goalie Schools, with goalie Jordan, sets up a series of possible shot angles to demonstrate how to use the REVERSE VH and make on-ice pushes off the post when players are in close for immediate threat.
Coach Joey Ali from Proformance Goalie Schools breaks down the REVERSE VH, a relatively new technique to stop short angle shots and jam plays.
1) JUNIOR B UPDATE: KIJHL’s Castlegar Rebels announce new coach and GM; Sharp calling the shots for HJHL’s Three Hills Thrashers
2) On Top of the World: CSSHL Keeps Gaining Traction in Canada’s Hockey Landscape
3) Around the WHL: Eleven WHL players help Canada win Hlinka Gretzky gold; Tigers deal White to ICE
4) Meet Matthew Savoie, the NAX Forward Taking the CSSHL by Storm
5) Meet The Winners Of The 2018 HockeyNow Minor Hockey Player Of The Year Award Powered By Hockeyshot