I don’t make any New Year’s resolutions in January. What’s the point? All I really want to do in January is curl up under a blanket and wait for the snow – and ice – to melt. Or hop on the next flight to anywhere on earth where my fingers aren’t numb. I do make New Year’s resolutions in September, however.
September is all about back-to-school and, of course, back-to-hockey. Ah, back-to-hockey. I can almost smell the canteen coffee laced with Zamboni fumes.
Somewhere between dive-bombing for that very last Last Jedi binder for school or that CCM hockey stick for hockey, I really do find time to think about myself and what are my goals as a hockey mom for the upcoming season. And I have big goals for this season. BIG goals. For example,
Of course, making my resolutions in September rather than December generally has no bearing on my ability to keep these resolutions, but no harm in dreaming, right? Ain’t nobody gonna crush this hockey mom’s dreams!
Three cheers for the new hockey season – and all those new season resolutions!
1) Around the CWHL: Kessel named head coach of Furies; Kennedy joins Blades as new bench boss
2) On Top of the World: CSSHL Keeps Gaining Traction in Canada’s Hockey Landscape
3) Around the WHL: Eleven WHL players help Canada win Hlinka Gretzky gold; Tigers deal White to ICE
4) Meet Matthew Savoie, the NAX Forward Taking the CSSHL by Storm
5) Meet The Winners Of The 2018 HockeyNow Minor Hockey Player Of The Year Award Powered By Hockeyshot