At the end of every hockey season, our garage gets a makeover. And by ‘makeover’ I mean that the hockey equipment splayed all over the garage gets put away to make room for sporting equipment of another kind. I look forward to this time when our garage actually looks normal. I love these two days.
As every hockey mom knows, there are a ton of hockey-related to-do’s at the end of the hockey season: the namebars get removed, the jerseys washed and returned, the hockey equipment marked for or sent out for deep cleaning, the hockey equipment that won’t fit the next season and is shipped to the sporting goods exchange store, or the hockey equipment that simply won’t make it and gets delivered to the curb. Hockey stuff.
There are some other end-of-the-season chores that also deserve honourable mention. It’s not just the garage that has borne the brunt of a busy hockey season. As all hockey moms prepare for their garage makeovers, let’s not forget these must-do chores too:
In our family, we have one more hockey tournament this weekend before the season can officially be called “official.”.After this, the big makeover begins. How about yours?
Three cheers for the end of the hockey season – and the hockey makeovers that come with it.
1) Meet Matthew Savoie, the NAX Forward Taking the CSSHL by Storm
2) Veteran Hockey Bench Boss Takes Over Milton Icehawks Coaching Reins
3) Victoria Grizzlies Rookie Alex Newhook Carving Up BCHL Far from Home
4) Sudbury Wolves Get one-of-a-kind Quinton Byfield in OHL Draft
5) On Top of the World: CSSHL Keeps Gaining Traction in Canada’s Hockey Landscape