Despite Old Man Winter sticking around long after his welcome had worn off and, quite frankly, long enough to be considered a little rude, we are all starting to think about spring, aren’t we? For many in Canada, this means the hockey equipment and snow blower in the garage will be stored away, and the soccer and baseball equipment will take its place beside the lawnmower.
For hockey moms, this coming May long weekend also traditionally involves trading in the big, black winter purse to a more summery one. A friend of mine recently quipped that women carry everything they need in their handbag to start life over in a different province. As I begin my own seasonal conversion to my summer handbag, I think she might be right. I can’t believe what I’ve found in my purse. Maybe you can relate…
Yet, the one thing that purses should carry and that I never seem to find in mine? Money. Sigh.
My husband has suggested that 90% of the stuff I carry in my purse is unnecessary, but I disagree. At one point in time, each of these items involved an argument, a good laugh or a compromise. Such is the life of a hockey mom. Just wait until he slices his finger – again - checking the sharpening job the guy at the pro shop just did. Who’s he then going to come crying to for a Band-Aid, eh?
As you hockey moms begin your transition to spring hockey and spring purses, you too will find hidden gems in your purse. I hope you’ll share some of your ‘finds’ with me!
Three cheers for spring – and may your changeover perhaps yield some cash!
1) JUNIOR B UPDATE: KIJHL’s Castlegar Rebels announce new coach and GM; Sharp calling the shots for HJHL’s Three Hills Thrashers
2) On Top of the World: CSSHL Keeps Gaining Traction in Canada’s Hockey Landscape
3) Around the WHL: Eleven WHL players help Canada win Hlinka Gretzky gold; Tigers deal White to ICE
4) Meet Matthew Savoie, the NAX Forward Taking the CSSHL by Storm
5) Meet The Winners Of The 2018 HockeyNow Minor Hockey Player Of The Year Award Powered By Hockeyshot