The Wisconsin Badgers are hoping to end a five-year NCAA women's hockey championship drought this spring and are being led by four national team members, three from Team Canada and another from Team U.S.A.
NCAA men's hockey alumni will play a prominent role in the 2017 AHL All-Star Classic at the end of the month in Allentown, Pa. Taking place at the same time as the NHL stars face off in Los Angeles, nearly half of the stars selected for the AHL contest are former student-athletes, including eight who played in the college ranks last season.
The British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL) has long been considered one of the major feeding systems for the NCAA Division 1 men's hockey programs and the team currently leading the way is the Penticton Vees.
Known more for its football program (both good news and bad), the men's hockey team at Penn State have stolen some of the headlines away – at least through the first half of the 2016-17 NCAA Division 1 season.
HockeyNow 2015 Year in Review
1) Around the CWHL: Kessel named head coach of Furies; Kennedy joins Blades as new bench boss
2) On Top of the World: CSSHL Keeps Gaining Traction in Canada’s Hockey Landscape
3) Around the WHL: Eleven WHL players help Canada win Hlinka Gretzky gold; Tigers deal White to ICE
4) Meet Matthew Savoie, the NAX Forward Taking the CSSHL by Storm
5) Meet The Winners Of The 2018 HockeyNow Minor Hockey Player Of The Year Award Powered By Hockeyshot