Welcome to HockeyNow’s Hometown Rink Report
Have a story to tell from the local rink or Canadian minor hockey world? Then you’ve come to right place. HockeyNow is giving our readers the chance to become contributors for HockeyNow and have their stories and photos from the local rink published in the Hometown News section on our world-class website. The best submission each month will receive a prize and have their blog post featured in our print edition. See guideline and prize details below.
Prize: Bauer Youth Training Shorts
To qualify: Submit a 400-700 word blog post meeting the guidelines outlined below. Submissions will be judged based on writing quality, story relevance and website pageviews.
Submission guidelines and Mandate:
- All submissions must be original works and comply fully with Canadian copyright laws.
- Submissions must focus on Canadian Minor Hockey (AAA and below).
- Submissions should be between 400-700 words.
- Submission of original photos to accompany articles is encouraged but not required. All photos must be original and copyright held by the contributor.
- Submissions should be editorial in nature, focusing on but not restricted to players, teams, volunteers, associations, equipment, big games, tournaments and general interest stories relevant to the Canadian minor hockey community.
- HockeyNow’s Hometown Rink Report is NOT a forum to air grievances or to complain about other players and teams or officials and associations. The intent of this portal is to give attention to all the people involved doing good things in the minor hockey community.
- HockeyNow reserves the right to edit, approve or reject any submissions seeking publication in print or online at HockeyNow.ca.
- While copyright of all submitted works remains with the author and all submissions will be properly credited to contributors, HockeyNow reserves exclusive publishing rights to all crowd-sourced content submitted through this portal for use by any of HockeyNow’s print and online properties and those of our partners.
- HockeyNow will not pay for content submitted through this portal. By submitting content (photos and blog posts) through this portal, the author agrees to grant HockeyNow unrestricted publishing rights for use by any of HockeyNow’s print and digital properties and those of our partners.
The Chilliwack Minor Hockey Association hosted the 57th annual Peewee Jamboree over the Christmas Break. The Jamboree has been the marquee tournament for the association since the early 1960’s, where it was once one of the only tournaments of its calibre in BC.
1) Does Canadian hockey player development need a shake up?
2) Cornered Coach - Painful Lessons
3) Ontario Junior Hockey League implements full facial protection for 2017-18
4) Canadian coaches prominent in NCAA hockey
5) Off-season coaches shuffle complete in AJHL