At the beginning of February in Edmonton, the top Bantam and Midget players in the Alberta Female Hockey League (AFHL) got the chance to play in a prospects game that was well-attended by postsecondary scouts.
In the Midget Elite game, Madison Porter, the league leader in points, scored once in the win for Team North. Her teammates Brooklyn Schroeder and Reagan Korber also scored. Madison Black and Brooke Palin tallied for the South.
Bantam Elite also saw a tight game, with Team South fighting out the win. Claire Hobbs, Megan Yakiwchuk, Hailey Wiltshire, and Sarah Gaiser found twine for the win. Jenna Goodwin, the division’s scoring leader by six goals, scored once in the loss, while teammate Ardyn Hawryshko added a pair.
Rosters had a good league representation, as two forwards and one defender came from each team, while goalies were selected based off statistical performances.Originally published in our February Print Issue. Read it in our digital edition here.
1) Team Canada’s Olympic Goalies Unveil Their Masks
2) Meet Matthew Savoie, the NAX Forward Taking the CSSHL by Storm
3) 2018 Olympic Preview: Team Canada Women's Hockey
4) Drake Batherson Taking Career Year One Highlight at a Time
5) Ty Ronning Hoping to Ride Career High to WHL Playoffs