When we think of a competitive athlete, we think of people like Milan Lucic of the Boston Bruins, Brendan Gallagher of the Montreal Canadiens and Michael Jordan, former Chicago Bull. These players play the game with a passionate heart that will let nothing get in their way.
The main goal of the defenceman is to stop goals first, which was discussed in a previous blog. Here, we will be looking at 7 rules for defencemen playing on offence.
Many players and coaches are interested in improving their competitive edge and small area games are perfect to develop the battling spirit in hockey players. In these games, players are forced to think and move quickly, and they must do so in a confined space.
Passing is one of the most important fundamental skills for players of all levels. The ability to pass and receive the puck is the difference between a good player and an elite player.
Playing defence in hockey is a challenging position to play. Like a goaltender, it takes many years of repetitive training to master the specific skills required to be an effective defenceman. Here are some helpful defensive tips that will help you think like a top defenceman.
By Enio Sacilotto / At the minor levels we cannot expect our players to be ready for all games as young players may not even be aware of what it takes to be ready for a game. Here are nine tips that teach players to be ready for game time...
By Enio Sacilotto / Below are eight tips on how coaches can help their athletes be more competitive...
1) Yale Hockey Academy forward Jake Chiasson named the 2018 HockeyNow Minor Hockey Player of Year in B.C. powered by HockeyShot
2) OHA Edmonton forward Sean Tschigerl named the 2018 HockeyNow Minor Hockey Player of Year in AB powered by HockeyShot
3) Former HockeyNow Player of the Year Bowen Byram making Giant strides in the WHL
4) The 2018 HockeyNow Minor Hockey Players of the Year ready for the next level
5) Toronto Marlboros defenceman Jamie Drysdale named the 2018 HockeyNow Minor Hockey Player of Year in ON powered by HockeyShot